The Ashmore Ag Days Pageant is the launch-pad to the weekend's festivities! There is no fee to enter the Pageant. There will not be a talent competition to prepare for, and no formal clothes are needed.
o Age 3 through Grade 1
- All Contestants must have an Ashmore address.
- There will be one Male and one Female winner in each of the three Age Categories - PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CATEGORIES HAVE CHANGED THIS YEAR:
o Grade 2 through Grade 4
- Preschoolers must be at least 3 years old by August 1.
- Registration and Waiver must be signed and turned in to the Ashmore Municipal Office or to Debbie Dunning (10 W Ashmore St – Ashmore, IL 61912).
- The Pageant will be held in the Pavilion at the park. In the event of rain, it will be moved to the Community Center.
- All contestants must check in between 5:30-6:00pm the night of the pageant.
- Each Contestant will be asked questions which are appropriate for his/her age and will be judged on their response.
- Contestants will NOT be judged on appearance, wardrobe, or a talent. Each contestant will be asked 1-2 age-appropriate questions, and contestants as a group may be asked to be silly, such as make faces, dance, or pose. Formal attire is not required.
- The 3 Judges cannot reside in Ashmore, nor can they be related to any of the Contestants.
- Each of the 6 winners will be awarded a crown and a Savings Bond from Prospect Bank.Pageant Royalty are Asked to Participate:Each of the 4 winners must be available to ride in the Ashmore Ag Days Parade on Saturday morning, August 24. (Check in to Staging Area at 9:00am near the intersection of S. Indiana and E. Walnut; Parade will begin promptly at 10:00; no candy will be provided for tossing.)
Additional Information may be obtained by calling
the Pageant Director Debbie Dunning at 217-232-8471
or the Ashmore Municipal Office at 217-349-8332.