Pre-K: Mr. Owen Pollard
& Miss Blake Acord
1st-3rd: Mr. Clayton Biggs
& Miss Rosslyn Chism
4th-6th: Miss Kelana Shaw
The Ashmore Ag Days Pageant is the launch-pad to the weekend's festivities! There is no fee to enter the Pageant. There will not be a talent competition to prepare for, and no formal clothes are needed.
o Age 3 through Kindergarten
- All Contestants must have an Ashmore address.
- There will be one Male and one Female winner in each of the three Age Categories - PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CATEGORIES HAVE CHANGED THIS YEAR:
o Grade 1 through Grade 2
o Grade 3 through Grade 4
- Preschoolers must be at least 3 years old by August 1.
- Registration and Waiver must be signed and turned in to the Ashmore Municipal Office or to Cathy Welborn (111 E Oak St – Ashmore, IL 61912).
- The Pageant will be held in the Pavilion at the park. In the event of rain, it will be moved to the Community Center.
- All contestants must check in between 5:30-6:00pm the night of the pageant.
- Each Contestant will be asked questions which are appropriate for his/her age and will be judged on their response.
- Contestants will NOT be judged on appearance, wardrobe, or a talent. Each contestant will be asked 1-2 age-appropriate questions, and contestants as a group may be asked to be silly, such as make faces, dance, or pose. Formal attire is not required.
- The 3 Judges cannot reside in Ashmore, nor can they be related to any of the Contestants.
- Each of the 6 winners will be awarded a crown and a Savings Bond from Prospect Bank.Pageant Royalty are Asked to Participate:Each of the 6 winners must be available to ride in the Ashmore Ag Days Parade on Saturday morning, August 25. (Check in to Staging Area at 9:00am near the intersection of S. Indiana and E. Walnut; Parade will begin promptly at 10:00; no candy will be provided for tossing.)In addition, the winners are also asked to be available for the following events:
- The Cake Walk (Saturday 1:00-3:00) - winners can stop by any time during this event to help spin the wheel for cake winners
- Age 3 - K: to draw winners' names at the bike raffle (Saturday at 4:00pm)
- Grade 1-2: to hand out winners' ribbons at the Salsa Contest and the Pie Contest (Saturday at 2:30pm and 3:30pm)
- Grade 3-4: to help hand out awards at the Annual Kenneth Coffey Memorial Races (Friday evening, races start at 7:30, awards will be around 8:30pm).
- The 6 winning Contestants are encouraged to wear their crowns around the Ashmore Ag Days festivities for the rest of the weekend.
Additional Information may be obtained by calling
the Pageant Director Cathy Welborn at 217-232-9951
or the Ashmore Municipal Office at 217-349-8332.